Thursday, February 15, 2007

I love the 80's






Why do I love the 80's (mid to late) so much? Whenever I think of the 80's, I always feel warm and fuzzy inside and at time get really really really homesick (or should i say timesick?)...homesick in this way is cozy and nice. This could be why I love songs from the 80's. Music has a way of bringing me back in time, sometimes it can almost feel like it's w/in reach but years away (if that makes any sense). It was a time of cartoons and fun ..all those relaxing days in the sun ....surrounded by lots and lots of love. Life was wonderful, not that it's not wonderful now, but it was wonderful in a different way, um...in a kid's way (when you don't need much of anything to be content and happy and safe). Darn it, why did I have to grow up so quickly? ....where's a time machine when you need one? I need a time a machine and umm...a reverting machine - to shrink me back to kid size and zap me with a kid's mentality cuz I think if I were to go back to the 80's as is, I might as well stay here in 2007...cuz darn it, I need modern day conveniences..like a high tech game console, ipod, cell phone, LCD TV, HD...and the internet!

3 comments:

Regina said...

I miss the 80s too! Though I think I was kind of awkward then. I wasn't into clothes much and there were all these bright colors in clothing then. I dressed more like a clown (especially with those balloon pants) ^_^

gorgbroza said...

I drank less beer in the 80s.

Audrey said...

Awkwardness...wasn't that the style then? that was the best part about the 80's wasn't it?! hehehe...and vijay, weren't you at the most like 13 or 14 in the late 80's? Beer! ya right!