Saturday, March 08, 2008

Some minor road blocks at restaurants

Majority of the time, when I'm at a restaurant, there're usually some vegetarian options. This however, isn't always the case when you're at a Chinese or a Vietnamese restaurant, err rather these hole in the wall Asian restaurants (the only exception are Thai and Indian restaurants). "Veggie-terian?", they repeat after me as if it's a word they've never heard of, hmm...maybe not... as most of them don't speak English very well. "Oh you want only veg-git-able, no problem", except that of course, they use chicken/pig broth or they use sauce with chicken or pig flavoring. So, I try to be careful and I ask them what's in a dish or if the dish has meat or dairy or eggs in it and most of the time, these waiters/waitresses get irritable with me, which upsets me, I mean what's so wrong with telling me what's in it and what if I have food allergy? So, to go around this problem, I simply don't want to go to these Asian restaurants (usually these hole in the wall place that I used to love so much cuz they're so good) unless the menu has vegetarian options and that's that!

No comments: