Wednesday, May 24, 2006


My husband (wow-that sounds so wierd) is uploading pictures from his camera onto his computer. Both him and I were really bummed out when the weather report said that there would be showers on our wedding day. We had waited 1 year and 8 months for the big day and not once had we thought that it would rain in Southern California, especially in May!!! We were all ready for an outdoor wedding. So, the weather forecast left me in tears and a few additional pimples (stressing over something I have no control over --silly me). By Thursday, Alan convinced me that we were to trust that God would have mercy on us and that we would not think about the weather. Worse comes to worse, we'll have our ceremony in our reception room - our wedding is beautiful because it's about us uniting, not about the weather so bad weather cannot ruin it - . If it wasn't for Alan, I would have been unable to work on the flowers for the wedding. I would have been too bummed out to do it. I'm so happy that whenever I don't have faith, Alan makes up for it by having lots of it. And that at times when I'm pessimistic, he is able to see the light. Pastor Jack prayed about the weather. Many of our friends and relatives prayed about it. Sunday came and went without any rain. It started raining at midnight. This really shows that I have too little faith, if I were ever doubtful, I will not be again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What a romantic testimony! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful. It was such an exotic setting. Plus Sara and I got the best view! Congratulations, we are so happy for both of you. =)

p.s. We have really good video footage of you walking towards the aisle! Vijay will send it to both of you soon.

liz said...

The wedding was really beautiful! We are glad it didn't rain and we could all make it down for a great wedding and mini vacation!

gorgbroza said...

Beautiful wedding. The groom was hot... can only imagine what he'd look like in a wet t-shirt.

Alan really picked the perfect place for you, huh. Uncle William spent some time conversing with the parrots.

I regret to say I did not take advantage of your open bar. Silly Sara demanded that I dance with her instead.

alan said...

The open bar was dedicated to you and Uncle William. But I understand, Sara comes 1st, beer 2nd... wait I mean Regina 2nd... errr... Regina 1st then Sara 2nd...??? Hmmmm, as marriages progress, things get more complicated!!!! AHHH what have I done! Just kidding hon!

And I suppose the parrot also benefited from Uncle William not taking advantage of the open bar... they might have learned some new phrases which might have caused their banishment from the ranch.