Sunday, October 29, 2006

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingDahlia...Dahlia...Dahlia. Fall & Dahlia go together hand in hand. You can't have one without the other. I had to fight this lady at the farmer's market for them. I was there first. I asked the sales person if I can get the rest of the Dahlias for a discount. The price said "$3 a bunch". He said he'll give the rest of the Dahlias to me for $3 and before I can say ok or grab them, this lady got her hands on them and said, "I'll take them for $3!" Usually, I wouldn't fight for it cuz I'm kinda timid that way but I really wanted them so I said, "um..excuse me, I was getting those" and she just looked at me. Then the sales guy said, ok, you ladies work it out. 3 bunches is a lot so I suggested that we split them so in the end, I got 1 bunch and she got 2 bunches, I paid $1 and she paid $2. Not exactly what I had in mind, but better than nothing wouldn't you say? Click on the picture get to my gallery of Dahlias and Strawberries.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Audrey. Very nice pictures! I looked at the rest on your website. So when are you going to take pics of my Sara? ^_^

Vijay and I have felt lately that people are just getting ruder - or we didn't take notice before. Everyone seems to want their way or your money. :P

Audrey said...

I would love to take pictures of Sara! Whenever you guys want, just let me know!

catherine said...

oooo - i would love to get some closeups of thomas' features and little puggy hands and toes.
i never knew you were so into photography. i loved it in h.s. but somehow lost touch with it after college. i need to convince william to splurge a little and get a really nice digital camera... one of those gazzillion megapixel nikons.

gorgbroza said...

You should have sprinkled a laxative on her flowers.

william said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
william said...

IT's not the camera...it's the picture taker...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartier-bresson#Technique

This guy used an old boring 35mm range-finder camera, not even a SLR...

One advantage I'll give to pricier camera vs. snapshot cameras is the aperature. It lets you blur everything in the background out so you can focus in on the subject. That you can't achieve very well on most digital cameras. Other than that I see no major advantage of a $1000 digital SLR vs. others.

If you have a uncreative picture taker who doesn't create a good composition, a $1000 camera will just make a better, sharper looking boring picture....

:)

william said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
alan said...

I think William made his point pretty clear. It's the camera not the picture taker! =)