Thursday, February 14, 2008

Whoo-hooo vegan ramen!


Vegan Ramen? Not unheard off but very uncommon. Tonight's dinner was based on the vegan ramen recipe in Miyoko Nishimoto Schinner's Japanese cookbook, Japanese Cooking: Contemporary & Traditional. It's pretty close to the real thing. It's a little bit on the salty side, not sure it's err on our part or cuz it's of the recipe. We did add quite a few things here and there to make it the way we like it. I'm gonna try to make it few more times, tweak it here and there to my liking. Once I get the soup to taste just the way I like it, I'll post the recipe at Aud's veggie tale.

3 comments:

Regina said...

Mmm, that looks good! Is that a picture from the cookbook or what you made?

Audrey said...

cookbook? I'm flattered!

catherine said...

wow you are making me hungry. lucky alan...