Sunday, July 23, 2006

How clean are your hands? OK, if you have clean habits and all, you may think your hands are clean. Let's say you wash your hands before you eat. Hmm...very good, if you're at home. Suppose you're at a restaurant and you do the same. You go into the restroom, wash your hands, wipe it dry w/ paper towels and open the door to get out. Clean? Well, let's see, suppose someone went to the restroom to finish his/her business (#2) and decided to not to wash his/her hands and opened the door to get out just before you and you happen to touch the same spot as that person with bad habits? You think your hands are clean? Hmmm...think again. Better open the door with paper towels. That's what I do. But, what if it's one of those not well kept restroom and there is no paper towel or one of those w/ dryers? Sometimes, I wait till the next person pushes the door open, catch it w/ my foot and then let myself out. But, waiting for the next person may take forever. This is where one of those anti-bacterial cleansing hand gel (kills germ without water) comes in handy. If you ask me, I think restaurants should have restrooms with automatic doors. Since that is unlikely to happen, carry one of those hand gels with you. Solves the problem.

1 comment:

gorgbroza said...

Bacteria won't live for long on metal surfaces (like bathroom door handles). I bet our keyboards at work are more filthy... esp. if you eat at your desk (like me).

Still, I do the paper towel thing too. If there isn't any, I just use my hand.